Outwood Academy Easingwold Careers Programme is commited to developing a whole school approach to providing all students with up-to-date, impartial, independent and varied careers, education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) as defined by the CDI framework and the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
Our guidance and support aims to guarantee students have clear, aspirational and realistic goals for their future study. This in turn secures increased motivation towards studies, higher self-esteem, greater attainment at GCSE, and ever improving staying on rates at college, leading to all our learners securing meaningful and engaging employment.
We are determined to further develop our strong partnerships with training providers and employers to secure placements for our students and seek to ensure that our students have the skills that they, and the country, require. The development of the workplace skills will increasingly be supported by our curriculum and specific events.
Through our Careers Programme young people will secure:
- Encounters with employers, with workplaces and with further and higher education.
- Information about jobs and how the curriculum connects careers.
- A plan tailored to individual needs and supported by guidance.
We are committed to the vision laid out in the DfE January 2018 document "Careers Guidance and Access for Education and Training Providers" in that:
- we have begun to offer every young person at least one meaningful encounter with employers per year, from Years 7 to 13.
- our academy has appointed a named person to the role of Careers Leader.
- we have also published the details of its careers programme so that parents can see the timetable for events (this document).
- our academy has begun using the Gatsby Benchmarks to improve careers provision, aiming to ensure that all of them are met by the end of December 2020.
What we have published online
The Eight Gatsby Benchmarks for Good Careers Guidance
Access to Information About Careers
Careers Programme Leader
Review and Measurement of Impact